Lifting the Kilt on Masculinity
2020 AUSTRALASIAN MENS HEALTH DOWNUNDER CONFERENCE
An informative day for all healthcare professionals and support organisations. Speakers have been selected to highlight a range of masculinity issues with a particular focus on those with prostate related problems.
Wednesday 1 April 2020
From 9.15am to 6.30pm
Tickets $290 early bird (before 28 Feb)
$340 full price registration
A percentage of the proceeds to go to the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia.
Mens Health Downunder is delighted to invite you to a full day conference, that will address issues of masculinity particularly for men undergoing active treatment of prostate cancer.
The conference is open to all, but specifically aimed at pharmacists, GPs, nurses, physiotherapists, psychologists, urologists, Government agencies & not-for-profits.
- MHDU Founder
- UTS Innovative Pharmacist of the Year 2019
- APA Community Pharmacist of the Year 2019
- Penile rehabilitation specialist
- Outside the box thinker.
Dr Al Sameraaii
- Performed more than 1000 cases of minimally invasive radical prostatectomies and kidney surgeries
- Director of robotic surgery at the National Capital Private Hospital
Dr Al Sameraaii
- Active member of a multidisciplinary cancer care team that coordinates care for people with urological cancers and urological issues
- Principal Psychologist at Lifestyle Psychology
- Has been working in the area of mental health for over 15 years
- Passionate about removing the stigma around mental health
Geoff Didier AM
Prostate cancer patient advocate
- Ex Australian Rugby Union representative and Wallaby
- Motivational speaker on prostate cancer experience and masculinity
- Mens urological health and fertility pharmacist
- Passionate about optimising health in an open and compassionate partnership with patients and their partners
- Registered Nurse with more than 15 years’ experience
- Master’s of Science in Medicine in Sexual Health Counselling from the University of Sydney
- Member of the Society of Australian Sexologists
- Worked for many years with elite athletes and the general population as a Sports Physiotherapist
- Provides consulting services in strategic wellbeing, helping to the health care industry
- Partner in Green Dispensary Compounding Pharmacy
- Involved in the development and commercialisation of a range of novel sterile and nonsterile pharmaceutical products